Monday, June 6, 2011

Free Finds

When I lived in Hollywood, my roommates & I would drive into the H-Wood Hills...and look for furniture.

Sounds weird, but wealthy Californians would leave their "junk" on the side of the street for people to take. "How nice of them", I would say; but come to think of it, they were probably too lazy to take it to the dump OR put it on Craigslist.

Our "treasure hunts" were always successful; an almost-new couch, modern lamps, VINTAGE tables & dressers [MY FAVORITE]! I miss my free furniture.

Now, in SE [south east] Portland, people do the same thing...except theirs is usually junk - in every sense of the word. You have to look REALLY hard when you drive past a pile of something on the sidewalk. Every now&again you can find a neat vintage table or chair that can be brought-back-to-life with a fresh coat of paint.

Well, TODAY I was driving along in a beautiful SE neighborhood & spotted something so magical that I HAD to stop.

UNICORN! UNICORN! UNICORN!

With "precious moments" eyes & glitter. WOW-eee.

Now, where do I put it? I'm not sure how much my boyfriend likes unicorns :)

No comments:

Post a Comment